Process Technician Apprenticeship - Seqirus
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your Manufacturing Career. The role holder will be a key employee in the manufacturing organisation. They will help provide (be trained in) the technical skill-sets necessary to manufacture high quality vaccines in a compliant, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
|Salary ||£163.13 per week |
|Holiday Entitlement ||25 days plus bank holidays |
|Qualifications Required ||5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A*-C (4-9) including Maths, English and Science |
|Location ||Speke, Liverpool |
|Working Hours ||First year based at training provider, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.35pm. Thereafter you will work on site Monday to Friday, shifts TBC |
|Duration ||36 months |
|Positions available ||4 |
|Start Date ||7th September 2020 |
|Interview Date ||May 2020 |
|Closing Date for applications ||28th July 2020|
Download and complete this application form, then click the "apply now" button to submit this.
There is a section at the end where you must in put answers to the following two questions;
- Please tell us what you hope to gain from an Apprenticeship at Seqirus.
- What is your main motivation for pursuing a career in Manufacturing?
- Participates in the manufacture of Flu Vaccines in each of the Primary and secondary Manufacturing areas.
- When manufacturing ensure that all Departmental Batch Records are followed and:
- Ensure appropriate control, monitoring and delivery of activities in their area of work.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed correctly, accurately in a timely manner and signed by the relevant personnel.
- Carryout final documentation review and sign off to ensure documentation is right first time.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety regulations. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours necessary to create a safe working environment for themselves and their colleagues
- Be able to update existing SOPs and MIs as and when required performing regular reviews and initiating new documentation as appropriate.
- To actively maintain and promote a cGMP compliant culture, ensure that the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are applied within the area in accordance with the Guide to Manufacturing Approved Standards and to apply the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, 5S ,Waste Elimination and Energy Efficient Activities in support of Continuous Improvement.
- To maximise their individual contribution so that team objectives are achieved. To work as a team member, providing and receiving support feedback to team members and their team leader. To communicate and liaise with members of other teams, customers and suppliers in order to meet the business’s objectives. To suggest solutions to issues which may arise.
- Attend all compulsory and allocated training courses required for the role. Ensure that all training is completed in a timely manner and that personal training records are kept up to date. To continue to develop new skills, competencies and behaviours to fulfill both current and future business needs. The role holder will be able to demonstrate the application of the skills required for their role.
- To work in a safe manner in compliance with all pertinent UK legislation, Seqirus mandatory policies, guidelines and site procedures for Health, Safety and Environment
- To contribute ideas and action in order to improve team, process and equipment performance. To support process improvement and uphold Seqirus Values.
- Support organisation change and process improvements
Seqirus is a global leader in influenza vaccines, with manufacturing, commercial and R&D sites all around the world. Whilst liaising with staff from Engineering departments, you will also work to gain an Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance.
For more information please visit https://www.seqirus.com/
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science
- Basic knowledge of cGMP
- Ability to work in, training for, or practical knowledge of clean room environment operations
- Batches executed right the first time
- Personal Development / Learning agility and curiosity
- Ensure college attendance & all college work is completed in a timely manner
- Actively promote good working relationships with peers, mentors & managers
- Execution errors/deviations/production losses
- Avoidance of equipment damage and production losses
- Key member of production team
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Waterside Training will be the Training Provider for this Apprenticeship.
Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Standard / Framework guidelines. This will include:
- Functional skills (if required)
- Full recognised apprenticeship qualification
- On the job competency training
- Knowledge qualification may be applicable
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- The Apprentice will be expected to commute locally to the dedicated training providers site on designated college days.
- The Apprentice will be placed with the dedicated training provider for part of the apprenticeship.
- Aptitude testing will be undertaken with the Training provider prior to interviews taking place to ensure candidate suitability for the role
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
- 25 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays)
- Opt in pension scheme
- Student discount card (NUS)
- Employee assistance programme
- Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship
SeqirusSpeke, Liverpool2020-07-27T23:00:00.0000000ZMon, 04 May 2020 14:44:01 Z